BirthWorks philosophies are powerful and through the practice of human values have a transforming impact on both birth and life. All women are born with the knowledge about how to give birth. Birth is instinctive. What is instinctive doesn’t need to be taught. In BirthWorks classes, we help women to have more trust and faith in their body knowledge. This is a unique and innovative approach to Childbirth Education and Doula training that is empowering and transforming in nature. In this current age of technology, good quality Childbirth Education and high quality Doula (Birth Assistant) services are needed more than ever before to help pregnant women make safer choices in childbirth. To do this we need your help.
- Our mission is to reach out to birthing parents, women of childbearing age, and birth professionals to provide evidence-based childbirth preparation and education about important concepts to help make birth a safer and more positive experience for all. We provide evidence-based information along with both an academic and emotional preparation for birth.
- We believe in normal, natural, birth but also recognize the need for medical intervention when necessary. Medical procedures have their own risk/benefit ratios and should only be used when truly necessary and not routinely.
With your support we can make a difference in the lives of women and their families:
- We can reach out to more birth professionals, birthing parents (including the underserved population), and the media to spread our philosophy of birth.
- We can promote the BirthWorks Ten Steps to a Safe and Positive Birth.
- We can help more women receive and experience high quality Childbirth Education and Doula training and services to have more positive birth experiences.
- “If someone had reminded me that my body already knows how to give birth, I would have felt more confidence during labor.”
- “Birth is instinctive. It makes so much sense now that I think about it. I wish I had heard this before I gave birth.”
- “After my cesarean, I didn’t know I could hold my baby in the recovery room. I didn’t know how important mother baby skin-to-skin contact is at the time of birth for my baby’s brain.”
- “If only I’d known the ways to quiet my thinking brain so my primal brain could be fully accessed for birth.”
- “Until I took BirthWorks classes and workshops, I never understood how human values, when practiced in birth and in life, makes such a difference. I feel like a changed person and am excited to practice these values in my life too.
- “If only we’d known how much a doula (birth assistant) enhances a birth experience. It could have made all the difference in helping me to feel safe.”
- “Now I understand the connection my hormones have with my ability to fully bond and attach with my baby. This is so important. Why don’t more people know this?”