Would you like to help women and their families in your community have more positive birth experiences?
Become a Childbirth Educator for BirthWorks and receive our high quality, premium comprehensive training that includes a unique, experiential approach which integrates the mind, body, and spirit. The innovative design of our classes helps participants to experience personal self-growth and increased confidence, helpful not only in birth but also in their lives.
People who have taken BirthWorks classes say they have:
Developed more confidence in the birth process and their decision making skills.
Explored the influence of individual beliefs and attitudes on the birth process.
Learned the importance of nutrition, exercise, and the role of the neocortex in labor and birth.
Experienced the impact of pelvic bodywork on their labors and births.
Released feelings and began healing from traumas of previous births.
The BirthWorks Certification Program is a 4-Step Process
Submit enrollment form and pay applicable fees.
Completion of the requirements in the comfort of your own home in a self-study course, sending your work to your reviewer and receiving feedback using our online classrooms.
Attendance at a three-day BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Workshop held regionally (separate fee).
Facilitate your first eight-week (16 hour) course.
Program Fee: $550
CBE Workshop: $525
Required Reading List
10% OFF TITLES IN OUR SHOP
Other suggested choices for the reading list are:
- A Book on Breastfeeding (“Womanly Art of Breastfeeding”,” Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding” by Ina May Gaskin, “Nursing Mother’s Companion”, “The Latch”, any other Jack Newman books, etc.)
- “Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth” by Ina May Gaskin.
- “Optimal Care in Childbirth” or “Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth” by Henci Goer
- “Better Birth” by Henci Goer
- “Rediscovering Birth” by Sheila Kitzinger
- “Ended Beginnings” by Claudia Patmos, OR “Survivor Moms” by Sperlich and Seng, OR “When Survivors Give Birth” by Penny Simkin